- "With around 10 hours of action in your first playthrough, Revelations is a sizeable adventure. After you complete it, there's a much tougher difficulty mode and the option to replay with all the gear acquired in your first playthrough. That's a suitably chunky offering, for a portable game or otherwise, from a Resident Evil title that holds its own against any other of recent years, in any format. Resident Evil: Revelations is a thoroughly successful crossbreeding of old-school chills and new-school action."
- "Resident Evil Revelations is a great handheld game, one that not only pushes the boundaries and standards of the Nintendo 3DS but one that recaptures a long-forgotten spirit of a classic franchise. Make no mistake about it, this is a full Resident Evil adventure that isn't watered down because it's in portable form. That's no small accomplishment. Despite its disappointments, Revelations will be remembered as one of the better entries in this series, and should serve as a notice to all other developers, including Nintendo itself - this is the type of production value we want to see on the 3DS."
- "Resident Evil: Revelations hooked long-time fans with the promise it would return to the series' survival horror roots, but couldn't resist an attempt at reaching a wider audience. Instead of producing a splintered and botched attempt at blending action and horror, Capcom should have stuck to its guns."
- "Resident Evil: Revelations is gorgeous, huge, and offers the most fully-featured online co-op experience on 3DS. The single-player isn't quite the survival horror comeback Capcom promised but, with its brilliant take on score attack, Raid mode ensures Revelations delivers at least once on its title."
- "That's what really scary about Revelations: how much game is squeezed into one cart. It's not scary to us, but the competition. That squelching sound isn't a meat monster, but the noise of rivals' armpits moistening upon beholding Capcom's bar-raising. Revelations is a long way from a perfect action game, but it is a near perfect 3DS package. Forget Mercenaries 3D - it's time to leave the port and board Resi's true 3D maiden voyage."